14.3.09

How to Get Free TV Shows on Your iPod

One of my favorite TV shows is Flight of the Conchords. However, it airs concurrently with another show I like, and I often have to choose between the two. Since I did not watch FOTC the last two weeks due to some serious drama on the other show, and I leave on a week and a half trip tomorrow morning, I thought it would be nice to be able to bring these two missed episodes with me. What did I do to get it onto my iPod for free?

  1. I went to megavideo and searched "Flight of the Conchords 207" (I wanted the 7th episode of the 2nd season)
  2. I installed DownloadHelper (on Firefox, of course)
  3. I went back to megavideo and, using DownloadHelper, downloaded the *.flv of the episode
  4. Once the *.flv finished downloading, I went to MediaConvert and uploaded it
  5. I clicked on the iPod preset (*.mp4), then "convert"
  6. After 20 minutes of uploading and 5 minutes of processing, the file was ready to be downloaded
  7. I imported it into iTunes
  8. I attached and synced my iPod
And that's all, folks! Simple as, well, let's just say its not that complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment