17.3.09

Adobe is NOT Microsoft

Honestly, I love the show Cash Cab. When it comes to questions that are unbelievably obvious (or at least to me) and they get it wrong, however, I can not stand it. 
I was watching it today, and the following dialogue is held:


Ben: "Okay, here's your question: What San Jose based software company is known for Acrobat, Flash, and Photoshop?"

Contestant: "Uh, there are Adobes in San Jose, and there's a computer company called that, right?"

Contestant's Wife: "Just go with Microsoft."

Contestant: "The answer is 'Microsoft.'"


Maybe the only reason I'm bugged is because I'm such a geek and I use these programs on a daily basis. But Microsoft? Really? And when you know the answer but your wife talks you out of it? Really?


---
Oh great. As I'm in the process of writing this post, Cash Cab is still on in the background, and there is a new contestant. Get this:


Ben: "What is the full name of the technology conference that is held annually in Las Vegas?"

Contestant: "...I know it's CES...so I'll go with...'Computer Electrician's Shindig.'"


What? That doesn't even make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment