4.1.09

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Hey,
When my friend Scikidus told me he hadn't seen a full Star Wars movie, I thought he was joking. He wasn't. So, we got together on a Tuesday a while back to have a Star-Wars-athon: all six movies in a row, starting with Ep.4. However, something important came up, and we had to stop watching after episode five. So, we got together again the next day to finish the series. However, it turned out my cousin had borrowed episode two from me without telling me, and so we had to stop after episode one.



SPOILER ALERT....DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN STAR WARS EPISODE SIX: RETURN OF THE JEDI
I don't know who hasn't, but whatever...



At the end of episode six, after Darth Vader has died, Luke, Leia, Han, and the Ewoks party on the forest moon of Endor. Luke turns away from the party and sees Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin through the force. Here is a photo of what this looked like in the original version of episode six, on VHS:



I freaked out when I saw the following, on DVD:



They replaced the original Anakin with Hayden Christiansen, and replaced the puppet Yoda with cgi???????

(Note how the two images are matched up to the frame PERFECTLY with Obi-Wan's head. Also note how the ripples on Anakin's shirt are exactly the same, the only differences are from the collar up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment